Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Manliest Wednesday of them all...



This might not seem like the manliest post to others, but it is by far the manliest post for me personally. I'm making an entry table, and this piece is the door for a little cabinet that's going to be built into it.



This is the before shot of my door. To get it to its near-final state, i used no fewer than 4 power tools, hence its ultra manliness.



I added some walnut and maple veneer to the wood using my rad Thin Air Press. In this picture, I've flush trimmed the left side and the bottom, so they are pretty straight. more trimmin to do! I used my router for the first time to do so... I'd like to thank my brother-in-law for accompanying me to who-know's-where in Pflugerville to pick up that router from some dude selling it on craigslist... we got wicked lost, paid 8 different tolls, and had to use the walgreens restroom after being in the car for way too long after drinking some beers. Thanks Steve!

3 comments:

Steve-O the Longshanks said...

Rock on Chad - the table looks rad bro!!!
I had a good time on our Search for the Router; We could easily write a very Hemmingway-esque novel about our adventures and hi-jinx.
And thank you Lord, for Walgreens...

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the completed masterpiece. Thank goodness you had Steve to get you to this point!!!

Hoboken Appliance Repairs said...

This is a great post, thanks for sharing it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...