Monday, July 20, 2009

Mesquitey Treat in the Texas Heat



A while back, Claire and I went on a wood hunt via some Craigslist post. After the two of us discussed, we picked up this slab o mesquite with the cool sapwood rings, wormholes and roughness on the edges.



After some quality time scraping and sanding to a fine smoove surface, I slapped on some Watco Danish oil (since it seems like the Danes have a good thing going, and I had this in the garage) and let it marinate.



I attached some hairpin legs and voila! Mesquitey table/bench thang! It ain't exactly done, for I'm gonna poly the beast, but it does hold quite a heavy load, as seen in pic below...



I'm gonna put this thing on my etsy site when it's all finished (Crocs not included with purchase).

3 comments:

Deanna said...

wow. that's gorgeous!! is it a one of a kind or do you plan to make more?

Clayton Littlejohn said...

Very cool. I'm moving into a new place and have been thinking about trying my hand at table building. This looks like just what I'd like to make.

Hog Hunting Texas said...

Its a very innovative job to do thanks for sharing with all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...