Monday, January 21, 2008

Wood Bendin Pursuit continues...



This weekend Julie and I went up to Woodcraft to buy a vacuum press kit called the Roarockit Thin Air Press- should help me in my wood bending fantasies. Julie got her first dose of Wood Dorks there at Woodcraft… she asked if anyone had used this kit before, and one employee said, “oh well NORM used it last week, and said it worked great!” Julie was like, “oh, great… so it’s pretty good?” to which WD replies, “well, Norm likes it, so it’s like coming from the mouth of God.” Oh man. Okay… we don’t know Norm, but he must be pretty important in the woody world.



Anyway, instead of having to buy some fancy, scary EXPENSIVE vacuum press thing, this hand pump guy should be able to bend the wood I want to bend. This brah mainly designed his Thin Air Press to make skateboard decks. He has a class that teaches kids how to make their own. Wicked. Of course I’m using it for other reasons, but it’s good to know if I NEED to make a deck, I have the tools.

2 comments:

Jenn G. said...

Do you really not know Norm? I'm assuming he's referring to Norm - Head Carpenter on This Old House and host of his own woodworking television show - The New Yankee Workshop. Full name Norm Abram. Who's the dork now? That would be me. Sigh.

CK said...

that's funny you say that, b/c Norm Abram was brought up a few times today whilst i was hunting out e-hunting biscuit joiners... i can't remember if it was that Norm or not now! Norm Abram is for old wood dorks. David Marks for the new wood dorks. neither is acceptable. Double Sigh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...