Thursday, October 25, 2007

House of Worship










Our friend Dawn knows this dood who attacked an old house in Hyde Park with his dad, brother and a slew of helper-outers, and created this masterpiece. People think that we did a lot of work to our house, but more like… contractors did… and it would be considered the tip of the iceberg compared to the work of this guy, Blake Dollahite.


















Soon as my wife forwarded this link to me from Dawn, I thought “Apartment Therapy would eat this UP.” The next day, it was on Design Sponge (with a little help from artist Alyson Fox, Blake’s sister-in-law-to-be), and did get to Apartment Therapy, and several other design type blogs that know when they see something above and beyond average cool.



He used tin from old chicken houses for roofing, and old farm house roofing for his floors, built his own furniture, and did the landscaping. We’ve talked about going to Habitat for Humanity for a new front door, and I think seeing the stuff he got from there, sealed the deal. He has a slew of pictures here, and check out the design sponge sneak peak as well. Way worth it. Blake, I need to learn to build furniture, and you need to teach me. Let me buy a saw, and I’ll be ready to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chad! Just got turned on to your blog and I'm way into it...especially this guys house. Very cool stuff.
DK

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...