Friday, October 3, 2008

A Siding Tale



So back in May, we had us a litte hail storm. It made our house look like this.



After State Farm screwed us out of several thousand dollars, we decided to just bite the siding bullet, and yank down (read "have skilled pros yank down") our old crummy vinyl siding that was put up lord knows when... 70s some think? Who knows. Anyway, since the siding was nailed directly into the original 1937 wood siding, and it had quite a few spots of rot, we are going hardie plank style on the sucka.



Upside to having an old house is the abundance of solid wood used. One could pick any spot on any wall of our house, and hang a Caddy Escalade by a thumbtack without fear of it falling to the ground.



The other day, this cute young girl was going by the house, and I saw her look straight at our house and say OUT LOUD to herself, "OH MY GOD." Guess the pad ain't really raking in the chicks.



Other upside is we now have insulation up in da crib. Our next door neighbor told me he was thinking about getting this similar look for his house, but I told the brah... we already have the pink fuzzy thing, and everyone will know who the original PF was. Bring it university professor. Real men live in cotton candy abodes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This house looks yummier than a gingerbread house! I hope it doesn't rain down on that cotton candy or you will be floating in a sea of pink sugar water!

D E A N N A said...

I agree with "mom and dad" - your house just gave me a serious cotton candy craving. Mmmmmmm

On a side note, sorry your house got so trashed! I haven't seen it in awhile, so I had no idea it was THAT bad.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, Chad. You are too cute. I luv your blog. Your Secret Admirer at Work. tee, hee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...